Dock Scheduling - Poor Performance and Location Locks When Scheduling Appointments
(Doc ID 734402.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5.04.01 to 5.5.04.04 [Release 5.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
The following property is set: glog.appointment.displayString.shipment
In the manage appointments screen - whenever a shipment is scheduled on a resource - results in performance issues and Location Locks being held for a long time
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Set the property glog.appointment.displayString.shipment
2. Create a new shipment refnum
3. Shipments were created
4. From the dock and yard manager, query on desired location and use action - manage appointments.
5. Query for your specific date, you will see shipments already with appointments. Select the shipment without appointment, and use the action -> schedule appointment.
6. Open the user log. Note that the display string has been updated for all three shipments when the third shipment got scheduled
The display strings for all other shipments scheduled on that day gets updated as well, causing a performance issue.
-- Business Impact:
Users need to schedule large number of shipments every day, and this issue causes degradation of the system down to a level of being unusable.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document