Last updated on JANUARY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Concurrent Processing - Version 126.96.36.199 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 18-Jan-2013***
Concurrent manager does not start if the profile option "Concurrent:GSM Enabled" is set to "Y" at site level the following error occurs in ICM log file:
Could not initialize the Service Manager FNDSM_<HOSTNAME>_<SID>.
In this case only the Internal Manager is coming up and remaining managers do not come up as expected.
Setting the profile option "Concurrent:GSM Enabled" to "N" at site level allows the managers, except those detailed below, to start thus the issue is only with GSM services.
Output Post Processor
Workflow Agent Listener Service
Workflow Mailer Service
Workflow Document Web Services Service
For the above managers to be started the profile option "Concurrent:GSM Enabled" has to be set to "Y" at site level.
For a Service Manager to come up as expected the below criteria should be fulfilled :
1. There should be a Service Manager defined.
2. Entries in the FND_NODES should be correct.
3. Entries in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora should be correct on CP node.
4. Able to do a tnsping for all entries related to FNDSM in tnsnames.ora on CP node.
5. There should not be any errors in APPS Listener log file on CP node and it should be running on correct port.
6. Able to ping the hostname and the IP Address of the hostname.
7. FNDSM should not give the "segmentation fault" at the time of execution.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms