Last updated on APRIL 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After downloading the WebADI Budget template, unprotecting the spreadsheet and attempting to trying to enter rows in the spreadsheet, Oracle displays
"Read only fields can not be changed."
Rows cannot be inserted.
Step to Reproduce
1. Using the GL Superuser responsibility, select: Budgets > Launch Budget Wizard
The HTML page listed below will be displayed.
2. Enter the information in each required field:
Account (combination) From
Account (combination) To
3. The “Review” page will be displayed. Review the information for accuracy then, click on the Create Document button.
4. Click on the prompt to download the file.
5. Select to either Open or Save the file to your computer as an Excel file.
6. Click on the "Enable Macros" when the Security Warning box appears.
7. Leave the Download window open until the budget spreadsheet is displayed and the message appears that it is OK to close this window.
8. Once the budget spreadsheet appears, close the message box. The file acts just like an Excel spreadsheet. Make any changes to the budget spreadsheet and upload to Oracle.
9. Unprotect the spreadsheet so rows can be inserted.
10 After the Spreadsheet has been unprotected, the data in the spreadsheet may appear a little different as displayed below. However, the appearance is as intended. The file contains all the functionality of Excel!
11. Insert amounts for the budget. To insert rows, from the Menu Bar, select Insert > Rows
Oracle responds with “Read-only fields cannot be changed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms