External Distance Engine not using SAME_SOURCE_DEST_DIST for Lookup Between Same Locations
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5.04
This problem can occur on any platform.
A Rate Distance is configured using an External Distance Engine that includes the parameter "SAME_SOURCE_DEST_DIST" (set to 25 MI, for example). When this Rate Distance is used in the Ask-OTM -> Distance/Time query for a lookup TO and FROM the same Location ID, the results is a 0 distance. It is expected that the Distance returned is the value set for the "SAME_SOURCE_DEST_DIST" parameter (e.g. 25 MI).
When the same Distance Lookup is done by using Zip Codes (i.e. same Source and Destination Zip Code), then the distance returned is the expected "SAME_SOURCE_DEST_DIST" value.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Configure a Rate Distance that uses PcMiler with an External Distance Engine with parameter "SAME_SOURCE_DEST_DIST" set.
2. Ask-OTM -> Distance/Time.
3. Select the Request Type: DISTANCE.
4. Select the Rate Distance configured in step 1.
5. Enter the same location ID in the "Ship From" Location ID and "Ship To" Location ID.
6. Click "Find Distance/Time".
Notice the results is 0
7. Click Refine Inquiry.
8. Remove the Location IDs and instead use the same Country Code and Postal Code.
9. Click Find Distance/Time.
Notice that this returns the value defined on the External Distance Engine for
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms