OZF-TM Transfer to GL Concurrent Program: Running Program with No Start Date Generates Wrong GL Date for Accounting Events In Closed Periods
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Trade Management - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 21-Mar-2016***
When running the OZF-TM: Transfer To GL concurrent program with no start date the GL start date for all accounting events that have a start date in a closed GL period is derived as the start date from the first open period in GL.
It does not give any warnings or any errors that some accounting events are available to be transferred but have a GL date in a closed period.
Steps To Reproduce
- Responsibility: Oracle Trade Management Administrator
- Navigation: Concurrent Request > Run
- Select OZF-TM: Transfer to General Ledger
- Enter parameters
- Operating Unit (Optional)
- Batch Name (Optional)
- Start date = blank (Optional)
- If start date is left blank all accounting events with an event date in a closed GL period will have the GL date derived from the start date of first open GL period
- If start date is entered and in a closed period the program will fail with the error message
- Error: ORA-20001: Period FEB-08 is closed for the set of books P4U_Set_of_Books. Please open the period and resubmit the transfer.
- End Date := DD-MON-YYYY (mandatory)
- Submit concurrent request
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms