GLPARV: Journal Reversal Criteria is Not Working for Imported Journals
(Doc ID 742170.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 17, 2020
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 184.108.40.206 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:GLPARV - Program - Automatic Reversal
Journal Reversal Criteria was defined for a Journal Category (and in R12 the criteria set was attached to the Primary Ledger).
When a manual journal entry is created with the specific category, the reversal period gets populated.
However, if the same category is used on a journal that is created by an external system and imported through the GL Interface, the reversal period is not populated and when Automatic Reversal is run, the journal does not get reversed.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Define a Journal Reversal Criteria set for Journal Category Adjustment.
2. (In R12) Attach this criteria set to the Ledger Definition.
3. Load a journal from an external system into the GL Interface. This journal will have the category of "Adjustment".
4. Execute the journal import.
5. Review the journal. The "Reverse" section is blank.
6. Post the journal.
7. Execute Auto Reversal. The imported journal does not get reversed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Still Have Questions?|