Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 220.127.116.11 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for Relevance on 8-Aug-2013 ***
Executable:GLPARV - Program - Automatic Reversal
Journal Reversal Criteria was defined for a Journal Category (and in R12 the criteria set was attached to the Primary Ledger).
When a manual journal entry is created with the specific category, the reversal period gets populated.
However, if the same category is used on a journal that is created by an external system and imported through the GL Interface, the reversal period is not populated and when Automatic Reversal is run, the journal does not get reversed.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Define a Journal Reversal Criteria set for Journal Category Adjustment.
2. (In R12) Attach this criteria set to the Ledger Definition.
3. Load a journal from an external system into the GL Interface. This journal will have the category of "Adjustment".
4. Execute the journal import.
5. Review the journal. The "Reverse" section is blank.
6. Post the journal.
7. Execute Auto Reversal. The imported journal does not get reversed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms