Unable To Increase PO Line Quantity Using Update PO API When The Line Has Been Over Billed
(Doc ID 743014.1)
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
When attempting to increase the Purchase Order (PO) line quantity using the update PO API when the line has been overbilled (from the Application allowing to update), the following error occurs:
Cannot update quantity.
Cause: You will not be able to update the quantity for
any one or more of the following reasons:
1. New quantity is less than received quantity.
2. New quantity is less than billed quantity.
3. New quantity is less than deliver
PO_CHANGE_API1_s.update_po api and the Application should work in same way.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Standard Purchase order.
2. For example with a Quantity ordered as 10, and billed as 20.
3. Update the quantity from 10 to 13 using the application. The update is allowed.
4. Update the quantity from 10 to 13 using API(PO_CHANGE_API1_S.update_po), the error occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document