6705846 : 'Passed Serial Number (<serial_number>) Violates Uniqueness'
(Doc ID 743903.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a RMA Receipt transaction is performed in Inventory for items that were shipped out of a serial/lot controlled org but is now being received into a serial controlled org (no lot control) the following error occurs:
Passed Serial Number (<serial_number>) violates uniqueness with in Inventory items. Validation for unique serial number has failed.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create a Sales Order for an item that is serialized At Receipt and is lot controlled in the org the Sales Order is shipping from.
2. Process the Sales Order and ship to external customer
3. Instance will be created in Install Base
4. Create an RMA Receipt line in another org where the item is only serial controlled At Receipt.
5. Perform the receipt transaction in Inventory and enter the serial number being returned.
6. Review the Transaction Errors Processing form and error appears for this transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document