Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Applications Technology Stack - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 14-Dec-2012***
In the process of migration of The 184.108.40.206 from a single instance to 11i/RAC, the <Note 455398.1> has been followed.
Under section :
3.5 Convert Database 11g to Oracle RAC
Point number 9 (where listener aliases are being added), there is a confusion. the last step under that
9-Using NetCA, create local and remote listener tns aliases for database instances.
Use listener_<instance_name> as the alias name for the local listener, and listeners_<servicename> for the remote listener alias.
1. Execute netca from $ORACLE_HOME/bin.
2. Choose "Cluster Configuration" option in the NetCA wizard.
3. Choose the current nodename from the nodes list .
4. Choose "Local Net Service Name Configuration " option and click Next.
5. Select "Add" and in next screen enter the service name and click Next.
6. Enter the current node as Server Name and the port defined in Step 3.3.
7. Select "Do not perform Test" and click Next.
8. Enter the listener TNS alias name like LISTENER_<ins1> for local listener.
9. Repeat the above steps for remote listener, with the server name in step 6 as the secondary node and the listener name LISTENERS_<service_name> .
What should be the Entries of "LISTENER_<ins1>" , "LISTENERS_<service_name> " value
in the init.ora .ora file for an EBS 11i/RAC 3 node ?
Nb : Implementing The EBS/RAC, The DBA is supposed to have knowledge, skills, on The APPS DBA and The RDBMS RAC (Real Application Clusters).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms