Service: Submitting Charges From Different Operating Units Causes Wait for Booking Errors in OM.
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 24-Dec-2013***
When running the "Charges AutoSubmission Concurrent Program" in a multi-org environment, the following error appears in the Line Flow - Generic workflow in Order Managment for Charge lines that are from a different OU than they were submitted from:
'Deferred' 'Wait for Booking appears in the Line Flow - Generic workflow
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Use the Charges Autosubmission Concurrent Program to submit all Charges
2) Use the concurrent program from a US responsibility
3) Charges created for all OUs are processed and eligible charges for different OUs are submitted
4) Charges submitted for the US create Service Orders in OM and these get processed and closed
5) Charges submitted for different OU e.g. Canada, create Service Orders in OM correctly. The org
on this order is Canada, however the order processing does not progress normally (workflow gets stuck)
6) Manually correcting the WF attribute - Org Id to the correct OU progresses the workflow normally.
The same issue can be seen when manually creating Charges and then updating the 'Operating Unit' field to a value that it is different from the Service Request header.
After submitting the Charge, an Order Number is created, but it has an Entered status, not a Booked status and the Process Messages form, includes the following error in the Message Text:
'Order is not Eligible for booking Check workflow status for this order'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms