Submitting Service Charges From Different Operating Units Causes Wait for Booking Errors in OM.
(Doc ID 746033.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the "Charges AutoSubmission Concurrent Program" in a multi-org environment, the following error appears in the Line Flow - Generic workflow in Order Management for Charge lines that are from a different operating unit than they were submitted from:
'Deferred' 'Wait for Booking appears in the Line Flow - Generic workflow
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Use the Charges Autosubmission Concurrent Program to submit all Charges
2) Use the concurrent program from a US responsibility
3) Charges created for all Operating Units (OU) are processed and eligible charges for different OUs are submitted
4) Charges submitted for the US create Service Orders in OM and these get processed and closed successfully
5) Charges submitted for different OU e.g. Canada, create Service Orders in OM correctly. The organization on this order is Canada, however the order processing does not progress normally (workflow gets stuck)
6) Manually correcting the workflow attribute (Org Id) to the correct OU progresses the workflow normally.
The same issue can be seen when manually creating Charges and then updating the 'Operating Unit' field to a value that it is different from the Service Request header.
After submitting the Charge, an Order Number is created, but it has an Entered status, not a Booked status and the Process Messages form, includes the following error in the Message Text:
'Order is not Eligible for booking Check workflow status for this order'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document