Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.10 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 29-Jan-2014
The same Extended Warranty number appears multiple times in the Contracts Link of the Item Instance UI
for a component of a configured product.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a sales order for a configured product. The parent and components will appear in the order.
2. Add a service line, one that references line 1.1 of the order. The order has this appearance:
Line 1.1 PARENT PRODUCT
Line 1.1...1 SERVICE
Line 1.1..1 COMPNENT
Line 1.1..1 SERVICE
3. Ship the product.
- Run Workflow Background Process for OM Order Line to close the lines for the service.
- Run Order Capture Integration (Order Processing in R12) to create the Extended Warranty.
4. Navigate to Oracle Installed Base using the Oracle Installed Base User responsibility.
- Search for the sales order number. Multiple products are listed.
- Select the link for the component.
- Select the contracts line.
The contract that was created for the service is listed twice.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms