Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:CMCACW - Actual Cost Worker
Form:RCVRCERC.FMB - Enter Receipts GUI
Form:RCVTXERT.FMB - Enter Receiving Transactions GUI
***Checked for relevance on 21-Apr-2010***
In Oracle Inventory, if the 'RMA Receipt' transaction date is earlier than the reference 'SO Issue' transaction date, then costing for the RMA transaction errors out with the following:
Error (From view request> Actual Cost Worker - View log):
Steps to reproduce:
- Pick an item making sure it is 'Returnable', and have sufficient onhand in inv org.
- Create a Sales Order, against a ct of 'Mixed' Order Type, for the above item. Book, Pick Release and Ship Confirm this SO Line.
- Launch the 'Cost Manager' and ensure that the above executed 'SO Issue' transaction is costed successfully
- Create an RMA against the same ct and item, and in the 'Returns'tab, specify the Reference as Sales Order and give the SO Order# and Line# created as part of Step 2.
- While receiving against this RMA, back-date the RMA Receipt Date in the Receipts Header to a date earlier than the 'SO Issue' transaction date executed as part of Step 2.
- While selecting the line for 'Receive', ensure that an appropriate error message is displayed and the line is un-selected from processing.
- Change the date in the 'Receipts Header' to a date later than the 'SO Issue' transaction date executed as part of Step 2. And ensure that no error message is displayed and the 'Receive' transaction is successful. Perform the 'Deliver' transaction as well.
- Run the 'Cost Manager' for the 'RMA Receive' transaction, and ensure that the transaction is costed successfully.
- Costing will fail for the 'RMA Receive' transaction, if the transaction date was earlier than the 'SO Issue' transaction date executed as part of Step 2.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms