How To Create Unit From An Item Instance Created In Inventory?
(Doc ID 747724.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Complex Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Inventory module performed receiving transaction and Item Instance of engine created. This Item
Instance has status �In Inventory�.
To work with this instance in CMRO we need to push it to production - no other options.
We can push Item Instance to production only in a Visit - in this case Item get status "In Work in
Process" and binds to WIP Job Number in a Visit, so we can't create Unit here.
Then we have to set this Item Instance to plane's Unit Configuration ( status "In Relationship") -
we can't create Unit again.
How we can create Unit from an Item Instance in Inventory?
UNIT CONFIGURATION creates only for ITEM INSTANCE which has status �Out of the Enterprise�.
System should allow UNIT CONFIGURATION creation on ITEM INSTANCE not only in "Out of the
Enterprise" status, but for "In Work in Process" status also.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Login to Oracle Apps
2. Responsibility --> Manufacturing and Distribution Manager, Vision Project Manufacturing USD
--> Items --> Create the items
3. Responsibility --> CMRO --> Configuration --> Master Configuration--> Create a
master configuration. --> Status = Complete.
4. Create a unit configuration for the master configuration in step 3.
5. Associate the corresponding item instances.
6. The Status of the parent Item instance is --> Out of Enterprise and the corresponding child
item instances are with the status = In Relationship.
7. Save the unit configuration and it gets saved and submit for approval, it gets to complete
8. Now receive the item from the customer, the status is "In Inventory".
8. Try creating a new unit configuration on the same item instance that is currently in the status
of "In Inventory". Cannot create.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document