VPD Profile set to Update Order Releases but Order Releases Only Show in Edit Mode.
(Doc ID 748606.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5.04.03 to 5.5.04.05 [Release 5.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 16-Apr-2010
On OTM CU4 RU3 find that when a VPD predicate has been configured to allow the User to Update order Releases the Order Release will only open in View mode and not Edit mode.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Configuration and Administration > VPD Management > VPD Profile > New, set up a VPD Profile with the external predicate:
Table Predicate Access
ORDER_RELEASE SOURCE_LOCATION_GID = '<DOMAIN>.<>LOCATION_XID_1> OR <DOMAIN>.<>LOCATION_XID_2>' Read
ORDER_RELEASE SOURCE_LOCATION_GID = '<DOMAIN>.<>LOCATION_XID_1> OR <DOMAIN>.<>LOCATION_XID_2>' Update
2. Set up a new user Role and attached the VPD to it.
3. Then set up a new user with this user role
4. Navigate to Order Management > Order Release > Order Release.
5. Search for an Order Release which matches the VPD rule.
6. Tick the tick box next to the Order.
7. Click the Edit Button.
6. The order opened in View mode and not Edit mode.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document