Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5.04.03 to 5.5.04.05 [Release 5.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 16-Apr-2010
-- Problem Statement:
On OTM CU4 RU3 find that when a VPD predicate has been configured to allow the User to Update order Releases the Order Release will only open in View mode and not Edit mode.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Configuration and Administration > VPD Management > VPD Profile > New, set up a VPD Profile with the external predicate:
Table Predicate Access
ORDER_RELEASE SOURCE_LOCATION_GID = 'XXX.A_LOC1 OR XXX.B_LOC1' Read
ORDER_RELEASE SOURCE_LOCATION_GID = 'XXX.A_LOC1 OR XXX.B_LOC1' Update
2. Set up a new user Role and attached the VPD to it.
3. Then set up a new user with this user role
4. Navigate to Order Management > Order Release > Order Release.
5. Search for an Order Release which matches the VPD rule.
6. Tick the tick box next to the Order.
7. Click the Edit Button.
6. The order opened in View mode and not Edit mode.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms