R12: Troubleshooting API IBY_FNDCPT_TRXN_PUB.Create_Transaction_Extension
(Doc ID 749881.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Payments - Version 12.0.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating invoices with the Receivables API "AR_INVOICE_API_PUB.CREATE_INVOICE", if Payment information is needed a Transaction Extension Id must be provided.
A Transaction Extension is a record with all the data needed to perform a funds capture transaction. And it is created using the Payments API: IBY_FNDCPT_TRXN_PUB.Create_Transaction_Extension
This document describes how to troubleshoot error codes returned by the API.
Some Definitions and most important Schema Entities
- Transaction Extension: a record with all the data needed to perform a funds capture transaction.
- External Payer: party information for payers. Links a Payer_Id into TCA (HZ) Party information.
- Instrument Assignment: specifies if bankacct or cc, links to the payer IBY_EXTERNAL_PAYERS_ALL.
- Says if a given payer can use a given instrument type.
- Payment function determines if the assignment is for Funds Dispersment or Funds Capture.
- Instrument id links to IBY_CREDITCARD and from here by Address_Id to the party_site_use_id that will ultimately link to a location_id (billing address)
- Records on this table are driven by setups at: Receivables > Customer Standard > Account ( > optionally at the site level ) > Payment tab
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Some Definitions and most important Schema Entities|