Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 02-Nov-2013***
When attempting to update a field in the Asset Attributes, the following error occurs:
Decision: Could not reserve record [2 tries]. Keep trying?
Error: FRM-40501: ORACLE error: unable to reserve record for update or delete.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup the attribute group with segments.
2. Associate the attribute group to one Asset Group
3. Enter the values in the Asset Attribute form.
4. Save the record.
5. Attempt to edit a field in the Attribute form.
6. On save get the error message.
Having more than 15 segments for the Asset Attributes flexfield.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms