Message "The Item Sequence number & you have entered for component & is not unique within this bill" appears multiple times
(Doc ID 750432.1)
Last updated on JULY 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Engineering - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
On 12.0.4 in Production:
When attempting to Create an ECO and insert a component, the following alert message occurs:
The Item Sequence number & you have entered for component & is not unique within this bill.
The message is properly and rightly showed in this case. The problem is that it is showed multiple times and you have to click on OK multiple times for go ahead.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create an ECO
- Input the details in addition to revised item.
- Click on Component button
- Insert Record for "Disabling" - Disable, Component
- Insert Record for "ADD". In this record make sure the Item Sequence number is same as the
sequence number of the item being disabled. At this point in time we get the message as
"The Item Sequence number -- you have entered for component ---- is not unique within this bill"
- To Avoid this message, click "OK"
- The message doesn't go away. Need to click multiple times for avoiding this message
Due to this issue, users are experiencing an uncomfortable use of product.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document