Links from the Dock Manager are Hardcoded to the Public Screen Sets.
(Doc ID 754583.1)
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5.05 to 5.5.05
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
A custom Screen Set for Buy_Shipment has been created. In this custom Screen Set the Actions Menu has been edited to remove some of the Actions. The Field Screen Set has been set to point to this new custom Buy_Shipment Screen Set so that whenever a user clicks a link in OTM which navigates to the Buy Shipments UI the custom Screen Set will be used in place of the standard Screen Set.
When a user is working in the Dock Manager UI and clicks to look at and work with a Shipment, the UI which opens contains the full list of actions as it is the standard Buy_Shipment Screen Set and not the custom Screen Set which was expected.
In fact all of the links from the Dock Manager screen are pointing to Public Screen Sets and not the custom Screen Sets which are set to be the default Screen Sets.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Copy the BUY_SHIPMENT Screen Set and rename it to BUY_SHIPMENT_XX.
2. Customise the Screen Set, for example delete some of the Actions.
3. Navigate to: Configuration and Administration > User Configuration > Menu Manager and create a new user menu, replacing the public Buy Shipment Screen Set with the new Screen Set created in step 1(BUY_SHIPMENT_XX).
4. Navigate to: Configuration and Administration > User Configuration > Manage User Access and assign the new User Menu to the User.
5. Change the Field Screen Set to use the new BUY_SHIPMENT_XX for Buy Shipments.
6. Log in as user to which the Custom Menu was allocated.
7. In the OTM Menu Navigate to the standard Buy Shipment UI and note the Custom Screen Set is used.
8. Navigate to: Warehouse Flow Management > Appointment Management > Appointment Information Manager > Dock and Yard Manager.
9. Search for a Location with a Shipment scheduled in the Dock Manager
10. Right click on the Shipment Number and click on View Shipment Information
11. When the Shipment View window appears click on Actions, note the full Actions menu is displayed and not the custom BUY_SHIPMENT_XX as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document