Usage Items instances not available in LOV when creating a Service Contract
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 17-May-2015
Find that on 12.0.4 Defining a master org and a child org, both of which are also operating units. create an item instance in the child org, one for which a usage counter is automatically created. After creating a contract for the child org and a usage line for that org. The item instance does not appear in the list of values at the subline level. the issue is similar to <Bug 7259101>
The problem is that Installed Base Item Instances in R12 are always created with the inv_master_organization_id set to the Item Master Organization associated with the Validation Organization identified by the 'Service: Inventory Validation Organization' profile.
Then when creating a Service Contract in the Validation Organization, the LOV on the 'Name' field in the Sub Lines section of the Service Contracts Authoring form does not show these Item Instances as it is searching in the Validation Organization not the Master Organization.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Setup -> Organizations -> Parameters using the Inventory responsibility.
2. Search for the master org, e.g. Vision Operations.
3. Note that the Item Master Organization is Vision Operations.
4. Change the organization to e.g. Vision France and then repeat steps 1 - 3. Note that the Item Master Organization is also Vision France.
Note: This is the key to the problem. The INV_MASTER_ORGANIZATION_ID that is created for Vision France or Vision Operations.
5. Create a responsibility for Oracle Installed Base Agent User - Vision France.
6. Navigate to Profiles -> System.
- Set the profile MO: Operating Unit to Vision France for this responsibility.
- Set the profile Service: Inventory Validation Organization to Vision France for this responsibility.
1. Navigate to Counters -> Groupings using the Oracle Installed Base Agent User.
2. Create a new counter group.
- Set the 'Association Type' to Trackable Item.
3. Re-query the counter group and then select the link to update the counter group.
4. Add an entry for an Item Association.
5. Press the Create button for the Counter Template.
- Enter the name
- Set the Counter Type to Regular
- Select the Unit of Measure from the list of values.
- Press the Go button.
In the Regular Counter section of the page:
- select the Usage Item from the list of values
- Select the same start date that was selected for counter
- Press the Apply button
6. Create a new item instance for the product that was referenced in step 4.
The counter is automatically created for this item.
Replicate the issue:
1. Navigate to Item Instance
- Go to Item Instances using the Oracle Installed Base Agent User -Vision France responsibility.
2. Create an item instance for the product that is linked to the usage item.
3. Run this query:
select last_vld_organization_id, inv_master_organization_id where
instance_number = '&instance_number';
Note that the INV_MASTER_ORGANIZATION_ID is 204, for Vision Operations, not 888 for Vision France.
4. Navigate to Launch Contracts using the Service Contracts Manager responsibility.
5. Create a contract for organization Vision France.
6. Create a usage line.
7. Select the list of values for the subline.
The product that was created does not appear.
8. Create another contract, this time for Vision Operations. The product appears at the
subline level in this contract.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms