Insert procedure failed with error CSI_COUNTER_TEMPLATE_PUB.AUTOINSTANTIATE_COUNTERS API failed Could not associate a counter for this instance
(Doc ID 762533.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.0.4 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to enter a new asset in Enterprise Asset Management, if this asset is associated
with an asset group that has its meter/counter disabled, the following error occurs:
Insert procedure failed with the following error message:
API Programming Error:
CSI_COUNTER_TEMPLATE_PUB.AUTOINSTANTIATE_COUNTERS API Failed. Could not associate a counter for this Instance.
Setup prior to error:
1. Login as Enterprise Asset Management responsibility
2. Navigate to Meters -> Meter Template Definition
3. Create a meter of type Change, insert effective date from.
4. Associate an existing Asset Group
6. Navigate to Asset Numbers -> Asset Numbers
7. create an asset number that belongs to the asset group chosen previously
9. Click on Meters button
10. Verify that the meter displayed is the one previously created.
to Reproduce the error:
1. Navigate to Meters -> Meter Template Definition
2. Insert a date in the "To" field for the meter created previously
3. When exiting the form and returning to it, the meter is no longer displayed.
4. create a new asset number for the asset group associated to the the meter was disabled.
5. when clicking on save, the error message appears.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document