ECO Approval Workflow Process Fails With Error When the Approval List Name is the Same as a User Account Name
(Doc ID 782425.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Engineering - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM: ENGFDECN.FMB - Define engineering change order
After submitting an ECO for approval that uses a workflow process (e.g. Standard Approval Process) and an Approval List, the workflow process fails with one or more or the following errors.
The workflow fails when executing the Get ECO Attributes process.
What is Working
Other approval lists appear to work without error.
The issue only occurs when using one particular approval list name.
- Navigate: Engineering > ECOs > ECOs
- Create a new ECO and use a Change Type and Priority that uses an approval workflow.
- Enter an approval list name and save.
- Submit the ECO for processing by clicking the Submit button.
- Navigate: Engineering > ECOs > Notification
Locate and open the notification,
Review the status details to see that it has failed with Status=Error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document