Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version: 12.0.3
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
Calendar Events are set up to apply to specific Locations using a Geographic hierarchy. The
Calendar Events linked to specific Hierarchy Nodes are applied to ALL schedules and not just those
in certain locations.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Add "Generic Hierarchy" function and "Generic Hierarchy" sub menu to your HR responsibility.
2. Set up Geo Node Location EIT
3. Amend Geographic Hierarchy to include a new sub-node, pointing to GB_COUNTRY
Set up Geographic Hierarchy to include Northern Ireland, Scotland and England in the new Sub node.
4. Set up Calendar Event and link it to Northern Ireland node in Geographic Hierarchy.
5. Run "HR Calendar Event Cache process"
6. Review Calendar event to confirm the event has had the Geo Hierarchy applied to it.
7. Review Employee schedules and the new event is referenced and applied to schedules when they do
not have the Location on their assignment which is referenced in the Geo Sub Node when the
Calendar event was created
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms