Why Is There Discrepancy Between Planned Values From Performance Reporting And Task Details?
(Doc ID 785293.1)
Last updated on MAY 07, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Project Planning and Control - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 05-Apr-2013***
Discrepancy exists in planned value shown in Task details page and performance
reporting page of Projects
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Before performing these steps, verify the Current Reporting Period covers the current date.
1. Verify a task on the workplan has a physical % complete derivation method of 'cost' or 'effort'.
2. Assign resources to the task with amounts.
3. Publish the workplan.
4. Enter actuals and run distribute cost processes
Enter a timecard against the task, run distribute labor, etc.,
5. Run PRC: Update Project and Resource Base Summaries
6. Run PRC: Update Project Performance Data
7. Navigate to the workplan and view the task's schedule tab.
Verify the earned value fields have been populated.
8. Navigate to the Financial tab, Percent Complete region
9. Click 'Update Physical % Complete from Workplan' and click 'Save'
this will calculate and populate Earned value metric values.
10. Navigate to the Reporting Tab. Select View 'Task Summary' and click Go.
11. Click the 'Earned Value' tab. In our case, the last four columns are not populated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document