Service - Mobile Field Service: API Programming Error (CS_ServiceRequest_PVT.Update_SR_Validation) on Descriptive Flexfield (DFF)
(Doc ID 786724.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Mobile Field Service - Version 12.1.2 and later
Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.1.2 and later
Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This is an error that can occur in any E-Business Suite form when a Descriptive Flexfield (DFF) has been defined with a Reference Field.
In this note, we are providing a couple of examples from Mobile Field Service and the main Service Request form (CSXSRISR.fmb).
Having synchronized a Service Request from the Server to the mobile device, and then updating the SR on the PocketPC and attempt to re-synchronize upto the server, the Processes Uploaded Mobile Data concurrent program generates an error as a deferred transaction.
API Programming Error (CS_ServiceRequest_PVT.Update_SR_Validation): An error occurred when validating the descriptive flexfield. Additional information:ID
Steps To Reproduce:
- Synchronize mobile device and update Service Request # XXXX as follows
a. From the LOV select Problem and Resolution codes.
- Click on Save and Synchronise.
- On the Server make sure "Process Uploaded Mobile data" is run.
- Select Responsibility FS Manager->Service Requests>ServiceRequest> Find Service Request. Search for SR # XXXX.
- Open up SR # XXXX and go to Workbench tab.
- The problem code and the resolution code are empty.
- Logout and then login in forms as asgadm/asgadm.
- Select responsibility "Mobile Developer".
- Select "Main Menu Home Synch Details".
- Click on tab "Uploaded Errors".
- Click on Deferred and get the failed transactions for the appropriate date.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document