Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Operational Planning - Version: 5.5.04.05 to 6.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
When using Container Optimization with PATTER BASED OPTIMIZE, the equipment is not being fully utilized. There are spaces in which Ship Units can be placed and instead, they are planning onto separate shipments. This increases the number of shipments in the results and therefore increases costs.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Click on Ask OTM -> Container Optimization
2. Select Parameter Set
3. Select Equipment Group Profile
4. Click "Ignore Equipment Availability
5. Click Next button
6. Define all Ship Units expected to be placed in the single Equipment
7. Select the Equipment Group desired with Cost
8. Click on Optimize.
Notice that the Capacity Used is more than expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms