'First Responder Wins' Does Not Send Approval Notification Simultaneously
(Doc ID 788090.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Approvals Management - Version 12.0.6 to 12.2 [Release 12.0 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that though voting regime for approver group is set to First Responder Wins (parallel
notifications are being sent in serial order.
Test workbench also shows that the order number for approvers is serial though all members of the
approver group have been assigned the same order number of 1 at the time of approver group setup.
Expect notifications to be sent in parallel to all approvers.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to responsibility Approvals Management Business Analyst.
2. Select a transaction type and click on Approver Groups.
3. Create an Approver Group with voting method First Responder Wins.
4. Assign the same order number to all the members of the approver group.
5. Create a rule of action type - Approval Group Chain of Authority.
6. Add the required conditions to the rule and attach the approver group to the rule's action.
See from the test workbench that the list of approvers have a serial order number.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot configure parallel approvals.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document