'Unable to set up a Credit Card Bank Account for the Customer' since Enabling Credit Card Encryption
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Payments - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Article checked for currency on 20-MAY-2013.
Since we enabled credit card encryption we have been unable to book orders with credit card payments. Getting the following error:
Unable to set up a Credit Card Bank Account for the Customer. Credit Card information on the order is not valid.
The problem appears to be that once you enable encryption iby_creditcard.ccnumber only stores the last 4 digits of the card number. But when you plug that into the cursor used by IBY_FNDCPT_SETUP_PUB.card_exists along with the hash algorithms it cant find the card. If you plug the whole card number in it works fine.
1. Create a new credit card for a customer using Order Management Super User > Customers > Standard.
2. Find the customer.
3. Click on the account details.
4. Click the payment details tab.
5. Add the new credit card details.
6. Click apply.
7. Switch responsibilities back to Telesales and search and locate your customer.
8. Add the credit card to an order as a payment line by opening the order actions > payment lines.
9. Select the card details.
10. Click apply.
11. Book the order.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms