Last updated on MAY 16, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.0.5 and later
Oracle E-Business Tax - Version 12.0.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle E-Business Tax - Version: 12.05
This problem can occur on any platform.
Site Level exemptions were not working in cases where Vertex is installed.
Ship_To Customer Exemptions are not considered when the Bill_To customer differs from Ship_To customer and it is calculating tax.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create Customer and define Exemptions to this customer to use it for Ship_To (Example Customer 'A')
2. Create customer and don't define any exemptions to use it for Bill_To (Example Customer 'B')
3. Create Order or SC with Ship_To pointing to exempt customer(Customer 'A') and Bill_To pointing to Non-Exempt customer (Customer 'B')
4. Save the record to calculate the Tax.
5. It should exempt the Customer. But it is calculating the Tax. We need this to be exempted.
6. Create Order or SC with Ship_To pointing to exempt customer(Customer 'A') and Bill_To pointing to same customer (Customer 'A') it works fine and tax is exempted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms