Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The fix for <Bug 5973535>: AFTER APPLYING 5757875 OKSAUDET ITEM INSTS WITH DUPLICATE SERIAL# IS DISPLAYED introduced some changes in functionality on the Service Contracts (OKSAUDET.fmb) form.
The issue in <Bug 5973535> was that duplicate serial numbers were appearing in the serial number LOV. The fix for this issue included restricting the LOV search to serial numbers that were owned by the contract customer and related customers. This also resolved some performance problems with the LOV. If the user wanted to select an instance owned by an unrelated customer, then the Item Selection form can be used to search for Products. The issue was fixed in <Patch 5973535>, the fixed file version was OKSAUDET.fmb 115.626.11510.58.
In <Bug 6401139>: CANNOT ADD PRODUCT UNDER SERVICE LINE WHEN PRODUCT OWNER IS DIFFERENT an issue was found as follows:
1. Log in to Service Contracts Manager responsibility
2. Select Launch Contracts and create a service contract with contract customer Y
3. Use the Item Selection window to select an instance owned by an unrelated customer X.
4. Press OK, then tab out of the serial number field
- the error "FRM-40212 Invalid Value for Field Serial Number" is displayed.
This error was caused as a result of the fix for <Bug 5973535> and was fixed in <Patch 6401139>, the fixed file versions are:
After applying the above patches, the behavior of the covered level product searches is:
1. If the user searches for a product using the LOV from Name or Serial Number fields, the LOV only shows the items belonging to the contract customer or related party. This is because performance considerations .
2. The user still can search for products which are owned by all other parties using the Item Selection window invoked from the Name field by searching for an item with 'All Parties' selected. This will show instances that are owned by all customers, not just the contract customer or related customers. The user can select from this list, press OK, and this will populated the subline fields including the Reference Number and Serial Number fields.
3. Searching for instances owned by unrelated customers using Serial Number is not possible.
For some customers, the above functionality is inconvenient since the Serial Number field can no longer be used to directly enter the serial number owned by an unrelated customer. The user is forced to search for products using the Item Selection form and this can be problematic if there are a large number of serials to select from.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms