Oracle Transportation Management Version 6.0 Is Now Available
(Doc ID 797263.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.0 and later
Oracle Transportation Operational Planning - Version 6.0 and later
Oracle Transportation Cooperative Routing - Version 6.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Transportation Intelligence - Version 6.0 and later
Oracle Fleet Management - Version 6.0 and later
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server x86-64 (AMD Opteron Architecture)
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
***Checked for relevance on 31-Oct-2013***
Release 6.0 of Oracle Transportation Management is now generally available. This is one of the largest releases in Oracle Transportation Management's history and is chock full of useful functionality!
- A new product option - Oracle Fleet Management, the industry’s first shipment and asset-centric transportation solution, enabling companies to manage private fleet and common carrier networks on a single platform for increased asset utilization, lower transportation costs and reduced environmental impact. Fleet Management supports broader fleet processes beyond transportation planning and execution, including order management, asset management, driver/contractor management and financial settlement.
- Major functional and usability enhancements to Transportation Sourcing.
- Enhanced support for the parcel shipment lifecycle with packaged integration to the market-leading Kewill Flagship parcel solution, also extensible to any other parcel solution.
- Packaged integration to SMC3 CarrierConnect service for better LTL shipment planning.
- Enhancements to Fusion Transportation Intelligence including more data available to be reported on, more pre-packaged reports and most importantly, actionable BI capability, which allows you to view relevant KPIs and reports in the context of the business action in Oracle Transportation Management.
- Changes to better support multi-tier supply chains. These include creation of order movements for all shipments, legs and the ability to enter leg-by-leg actuals and control propagation upstream and downstream.
- Extension of Ocean capabilities to capture transload ports, vessels, and in-transit details.
- Ability for external business process modeling tools to invoke granular business services on key entities in Oracle Transportation Management, and vice-versa, making Oracle Transportation Management a true SOA-enabled platform.
- Ability to prioritize orders - to be considered when planning shipments.
- Cool new mapping capabilities leveraging Oracle Spatial technology.
- Several enhancements to Settlement and Financial Management areas in Oracle Transportation Management including: accruals, currency and exchange rates and Job-based billing.
- Report and Document generation using BI Publisher, a template-based, easy-to-use publishing solution based on standard, well-known technologies and tools that enable you to easily and rapidly create, customize, and maintain reports with highly flexible formats.
- More UI customization enhancements to allow you to configure Oracle Transportation Management screens easily to your business process needs.
- Packaged integration to PC Mile Streets and PC Miler Rail to enable address-level distance-time calls and more support for Rail. Also provided is the ability to customize to integrate to other distance/time engines.
- User-friendly diagnostic information for planning actions.
The following notes should be reviewed prior to installing 6.0:
- See 785595.1 for the latest installation notes.
- See 797283.1 for changes impacting custom screens.
- See 796594.1 for links to documentation and training resources.
- See 790603.1 for the release content documents.
Download Oracle Transportation Management 6.0 from E-Delivery
- Go to http://edelivery.oracle.com.
- Select the E-Business Suite Product Pack.
- Select the appropriate Platform.
- Click Go.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Download Oracle Transportation Management 6.0 from E-Delivery|