Unable to Update the Party Information Flexfield to Null Value
(Doc ID 798393.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Customer Care - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
Find that updating an segment value to NULL value for the Party Information Flexfield is not possible.
Updating to a non-NULL value works as expected.
Expect to be able to update the segment(s) value for Party Information Flexfield to NULL values.
Steps To Reproduce
1. Login as System Administrator: Application > Flexfield > Descriptive > Segments
2. Query Flexfield Title: Party Information
3. Add a Flexfield without a valueset
4. Freeze the definition and compile
5. Open the Contact Center
6. Query for an employee in the Contact section
7. Hit Edit Contact
8. Open the Flexfield
9. Clear any segment value of the Flexfield (ie. NULL value)
10. Hit Ok Button
11. Then press Save in the Edit Contact window
12. Querying again the Flexfield values shows the correct value
13. But if you clear the Contact Center Form (or press the Clear Contact button) and re-query the Contact, when opening the Flexfield, the value is not NULL anymore.
14. Opening the Flexfield with ‘Edit contact' gives the same result: the previous non-nullable value is still there.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document