Multiple Contract Lines Created When the Same Service is Entered in Multiple Lines of a Sales Order
(Doc ID 798619.1)
Last updated on JULY 31, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 220.127.116.11 to 12.1 [Release 11.5 to 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create a sales order that has multiple lines for the same service. When the contract is created from the sales order, there are multiple contract lines for that service. The expectation is that the services would be consolidated into a single contract line with multiple contract sublines.
STEPS to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a sales order.
2. Create these lines:
- Line 1 for a serviceable product
- Line 1.1 for a service, one that is linked to the product that is ordered in
- Line 2 for a serviceable product
- Line 2.1 for a service, one that is linked to the product that is ordered in
line 2. The service name is the same as the service that is ordered in line 1.1.
3. Ship the products.
4. Run Workflow Background Process for OM Order Lines to close the
lines for the services.
5. Run the 'Service Contracts Order Processing Program' concurrent program to create the the contract ('Service Contracts Order Capture Integration' in release 11.5.10)
6. Navigate to Reprocess Order from the main menu in Service Contracts. Search for the order number to identify the contract number.
7. Open the contract. Note that there are two service lines. There should be a single service line, one that has two contract sublines, one for each product.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document