Why Is RA_INTERFACE_LINES Populated With Lines From Service Contracts With UOM_CODE Each?
Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EXECUTABLE:RAXTRX - Autoinvoice Import Program
EXECUTABLE:OKS_BILLING_MAIN - Service Contracts Main Billing
FORM:OKSAUDET.FMB - Service Contracts Authoring
When Service Contracts Main Billing is run, the data sent to RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL has lines with UOM = Each. But the contract line UOM is Year. Why is billing populating with UOM of Each?
The invoice generated after Auto Invoice has run also has lines with UOM of Each.
A Service Contract is defined with a service line and several sublines for level Product.
The subline product UOM is Each.
The Service Contract is for the period of 1 Year (duration=1, Period= Year).
The Billing Schedule shows the billing level is done at Top Level (so line level).
The Stream Level shows duration 1, period Year.
Profile OKS: Summary Transactions is set to "NO".
The UOM on the invoice should be the period used in the Billing Schedule/Stream Level, not Each.
On the production environment it works different. There the UOM is not Each in the invoices from
Service Contracts, but Day, Year or Month depending on contract used.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Go to (R) Service Contracts Responsibility (N) Launchpad
2. Go to Tools> New to enter a new contract
- make sure the contract has a service line and several customer products attached under tab Lines /
Pricing/Products / Effectivity.
Check the billing schedule, billing level and duration and period of Stream defined.
Actions, submit for approval.
Approve/Sign Contract to make it active.
3. Run Service Contracts Main Billing for the contract.
4. Check the data in RA_INTERFACE_LINES using SQL or run the AutoInvoice Interface Data Collection Test from <Note 306017.1> to check the data.
- this shows that the Main Billing Program fills interface table RA_INTERFACE_LINES with lines with
quantity 1 and UOM_CODE Ea.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms