DFF context field default value is not saved after creating Quote
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Quoting - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new quote in HTML Quoting, the header flexfields appear on the create quote page.
After saving the quote, the flexfields disappear on the update quote page.
Then, when the quote is submitted to order, the flexfield information is missing from order.
This is happens with both header and line level flexfields.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a header level context sensitive flexfield.
2. Create only 1 context value
3. Provide a default value for the context field.
4. Do not display the context field
5. When creating a new quote,
the flexfield segments that are dependent on the context value that was defaulted are displayed.
6. Enter values in the flexfield and save.
7. After creating the quote, try to update the same quote.
8. The dependent flexfield segments are not displayed.
This is because the context value is null.
9. If the context field is displayed in the UI
users can select a value and the value is saved successfully,
and the dff is displayed as expected in the update quote page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms