All deliveries are screened for export compliance, even when no export compliance workflow is used
(Doc ID 804024.1)
Last updated on JULY 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Shipping Delivery Based - Version: 12.0.4
-- Problem Statement:
On 12.0.4 in Production:
When attempting to ship confirm an order which does not require export screening, the following shipping exception occurs
Delivery requires Export Compliance Screening before ship confirmation.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter and book an order for a line type which has a workflow, which does not require Export Compliance screening.
2. Pick release the order.
3. Attempt to ship confirm the order.
4. Above exception is generated.
-- Business Impact:
The issue has the following business impact:
The occurrence of this exception when export compliance is not required has three adverse affects:
1. Users waste time resolving an exception which never should have occurred.
2. There are orders for which export compliance is required. However, users will tend to ignore this exception since it happens so often when not required. Result is that some export orders will be shipped without export compliance screening, possibly resulting in huge fines or criminal prosecution.
3. Exception behavior can be set to Information Only, Warning, or Error, as with any other shipping exception. If the behavior has bee set to Error, then users will not be able to ship confirm any unscreened orders (domestic as well as foreign)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document