Error: Order_Header status is CLOSED but exist open lines associated to this header
Last updated on JULY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 126.96.36.199 to 12.1 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 14-Dec-2014***
On 188.8.131.52 or R12 in Production:
Notice Sales Orders have lines stuck in various status like AWAITING_RETURN (not limited to returns and can be stuck in other status) and can occur in the following scenarios:
1) Order header is closed, but has one or more open lines.
2) bde_wf_item.sql output for order header workflow (OEOH/<header_id>) shows order header workflow closed, but one or more line workflows open.
3) bde_wf_item.sql output for order header workflow shows item attribute #WAITFORDETAIL with value of zero or less.
Note, in this example the header and other lines are closed, only line 1.1 (for example) is in AWAITING_RETURN when attempting to progress them to close, the following error occurs:
Warning List: 21. Order_Header status is CLOSED but exist open lines associated to this header.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Order Management Super User
2. Navigate: Orders, Returns > Enter RMA
3. Receive the order >
4. Receipts > customer > enter Sales Order > Notice Error Message
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms