User Preference Settings are Lost when Changing Password with Account Policy "Change After Reset"
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5.03.05 to 6.1.0 [Release 5.5 to 6.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 09-Jun-2015***
-- Problem Statement:
When a user is prompted to change their password as a result of it being changed by an administrator and using the Account Policy containing "Change After Reset", all User Preferences settings are lost (including custom stylesheet location)
-- Steps To Reproduce:
- must set app property: glog.login.suppressAccountPolicy=false
1. Login as this USER
2. Observed normal User Preference settings
3. Logout and log back in as an Administrative User
5. Navigate to Configuration and Administration -> User Management -> List Users
6. Search for the above User and edit
7. Type a new Password in "Password" and "Retype Password" fields, click on Update Password
(Because of the Account Policy, this will force the user to change their password when they login again.)
6. Login as the USER using the new Password
7. You will be prompted to change the password, enter a new Password, then click Update Password
8. After logging in observe that previous User Preferences are no longer used.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms