Transmissions Remain in FRESH Status When One Node of a Two Application Server Instance Goes Down
(Doc ID 821186.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5.04 to 5.5.05 [Release 5.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
Scalability Issue - Transmissions get stuck in a FRESH status on both Application Servers if one of the Application servers are shutdown.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Setup a OTM instance using a basic Active/Active Scalability Configuration
2. Send in a large batch of Transmissions into the instance
3. Verify the transmissions are being processed on both of the application servers via the event.EventDiagServlet
4. Shutdown one of the Application Servers
5. Transmissions will continue to process on the Application Server that is still running and then stop and will remain in a FRESH status
-- Business Impact:
OTM Scalability instances are not able to continue normal operations or easily recover when one of the Application Servers in an OTM instance is shutdown
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document