Contracts Can be Updated Using a Read-Only Service Contracts Responsibility
(Doc ID 825363.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create a responsibility and assign it read-only privileges for a contract category.
An Active contract, when opened using this responsibility, is editable and changes can be saved.
The responsibility should only permit viewing of the contract.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using a Service Contracts Manager or similar responsibility.
2. Navigate to Setup > Contract > Categories & Sources > Define Categories
3. Open the Responsibilities tab.
4. Create or find an entry for the desired read-only responsibility.
- Set the Access Level to 'Read Only'
5. Open the Contracts Launchpad and search for an Active Contract.
6. Open the contract. The fields can be modified.
7. The 'Save' icon is disabled, but changes to the contract can be saved to doing a "Ctrl+S".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!