Retropay by Element Does not Process Elements if Regular Payroll and Quickpay was Run in the Same Period
Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Payroll - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that if a retrospective change is made in a period that has both a payroll run AND a QuickPay , when Retropay by Element is subsequently run it will not pick up the retrospective change. The Retropay by Element request completes normally but does not pick up the change.
It is discovered that if the Quickpay is removed and replaced by a further (Supplemental) payroll run, the change is picked up by the Retropay by Element process.
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Run a Quickpay for a Period - example: Dec 2008
- Make a retrospective change in Dec 2008 (add Overtime element for example)
- Run Retropay by Element process to pull December changes into the next pay period Jan 2009
- You will find the change is not picked up
- The change would be picked up if Step 1) was replaced with a Payroll Run as opposed to a Quickpay
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms