Values Entered In the Details Page In Self Service Timecard Cannot Be Viewed In Timekeeper
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Time and Labor - Version 12.0.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
FORM:HXCTKSTA.FMB - Timekeeper Entry
You are using a Projects only setup with seeded layout.
- Timekeeper Layout Attributes preference is set to:
Timekeeper Layout Item 1: TK Projects List
Timekeeper Layout Item 2: TK Tasks List
Timekeeper Layout Item 3: TK Expenditure List
Timekeeper Layout Item 4: XXHXC_KG_TEST
- Timekeeper Misc Setup Items preference is set to:
Display In / Out Time Entries: No
Display Person Name; Yes
Display Person Number: No
Attribute Item Name for Detail Information: timekeeper Layout Item 3
Descriptive Felxfield to Display: Project
The Expenditure Items descriptive flexfield has reference field set to SYSTEM_LINKAGE_FUNCTION and the 'OT' context has a segment called 'Payroll Allowance'.
In Self Service, enter a timecard with a type value that has system linkage function of 'OT'. Navigate to Additional Details page and enter some text in the 'Payroll Allowance' field. Apply changes. Save the timecard. When you query back this timecard in Timekeeper, you'll find the value entered in 'Payroll Allowance' field cannot be retrieved back. Same problem when retrieving a timecard that is entered via Timekeeper, in self service.
Expect when the timecard is retrieved, the entered 'Payroll allowance' value should be displayed as entered, regardless of how it was entered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Self service Time responsibility
2. Enter a timecard with a 'Type' value that has SYSTEM LINKAGE FUNCTION of 'OT'.
3. Click on 'Additional Details' button and enter some text in the 'Payroll Allowance' field. Hit 'Apply'.
4. Save the timecard.
5. Log into Timekeeper responsibility
6. Navigate to Timekeeper Entry
7. Query back the timecard just entered and check the 'Payroll Allowance' field.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms