AP: Invoice Approval Status Is Incorrectly Set To 'Not Required' for Foreign Currency Invoices with 'USER' Exchange Rate Type
(Doc ID 832360.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
On 188.8.131.52 in Production:
Find Invoice approval status is incorrectly set to 'Not Required' for a foreign currency invoice with exchange rate type as 'User' .
Expect proper invocie approval for foreign currency invoice with exchange rate type as 'User' .
Steps To Reproduce:
Functional Currency : USD
- Invoice Approval rule is setup within AME (based on amount) using SUPPLIER_INVOICE_AMOUNT attribute
- Payable Options are setup to require Invoice Approval
- Workflow Deferred Agent listener is scheduled
- Standard invoice is entered in foreign currency (GBP) with exchange rate type is set to “User”.
- Approval is Initiated using Actions > Initiate Approval
- Approval Status changes from ‘Required’ to ‘Initiated’ on Invoices form.
- Once Workflow Agent Listener is ran the Approval Status is changed to 'Not Required'
- There are invoices that are getting PAID without proper approval process.
- Breach the internal security system for payment of invoices to suppliers.
- Unapproved / Unauthorized Payments would be pulled up by auditors during the audit phase.
- Company Funds can be misutilized and misappropriated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document