Auto Scheduler Fails For Non IB Resource If CSR: IB Preferred Resource Is Yes
(Doc ID 838567.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Scheduler - Version 12.0.3 to 12.1 [Release 12]
Oracle Field Service - Version 12.0.3 to 12.1.1 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 10-Nov-2010***
The autonomous scheduler fails to find non-IB preferred resources if territories are used and the
profile 'CSR: Installed Base Resource selection for auto scheduling and autonomous scheduler' (CSR:CSR_AUTO_INSTALLED_BASE) is set to "Yes" at the site level
It is expected that the scheduler will find resources even if there is no IB preferred resource available.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Set the profile "CSR: Installed base Resource selection for auto scheduling and autonomous
scheduler" to "Yes".
2. Setup Territories
3. Setup the preferred resource in IB for a particular IB instance.
4. The resource is entered into the targeted territory.
5. Create a service request and task for a customer that has the IB instance and is in the targeted territory.
6. The task status is "Auto In Planning" (designated for the autonomous scheduler.) The autonomous scheduler program is run, and the preferred resource is assigned to
the task successfully.
7. Now, create a new task that targets a different territory which has resources but none of which are IB preferred resources.
8. With the Task status of "Auto In Planning" run the autonomous scheduler program.
9. The concurrent scheduling request shows that the task assignment failed with error "No resources available."
10. Now change the setting on the profile 'CSR: Installed base Resource for auto scheduling and autonomous scheduling' to "No", and try to reassign the second task that failed earlier. This time it finds the resource and assigns it successfully.
When territories are used and the profile is set to 'Yes' only preferred resources in the territory are considered and no other resources are found. This causes "good" resources that are not flagged as preferred in IB to fail assignments that they should have received.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document