Last updated on JUNE 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Compensation Workbench - Version 12.0 HRMS RUP 7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User has set the profile HR:FTE Factor to "Based on Working Hours", and Annual Salary is reflecting correctly in Salary Administration page.
They have a global merit plan with the plan frequency of "Annually". Base Salary is not calculation correctly for part time employees whose working hours are less than 40 hours. for example:
an employee's salary is $30/hr and works for 32 hours/week
Annualization Factor = 1664
FTE Factor = 0.8
Annual Salary = 49920
But in CWB allocations page, its showing annual salary(base salary) as 62400. Reports like Employee Compensation History are showing correct base salary and annualization factor, i.e 49920 & 1664.
On further research in the back end, its storing/calculating FTE_FACTOR, SALARY_1_YEAR_ANN_FCTR correctly in ben_cwb_person_info table, but not PAY_ANNUALIZATION_FACTOR. It has the standard value 2080 for PAY_ANNUALIZATION_FACTOR
Expect to see the correct Base Salary for the part time employee.
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Set the profile HR:FTE Factor to "Based on Working Hours"
2) Create a global merit increase plan with the plan frequency as "Annually"
3) Make sure part time employees are eligible for the plan(employee whose working hours are < 40 hours/week
4) Go to Salary admin page, note down the salary for a part time employee( in this case($49920)
5) Run Participation process for the plan
6) Go to Comp Workbench > Allocation page > Allocations table, and check the value for base salary for the test part time employee.
Base salary is shown as 62400 instead of 49920
Also, you will see 2080 for PAY_ANNUALIZATION_FACTOR column in ben_cwb_person_info for the employee, where as SALARY_1_YEAR_ANN_FCTR will have 1664
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms