Last updated on SEPTEMBER 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 13-Jan-2014***
One-time address is not being used and yet customer keeps on getting this error :
"You cannot use the address you have selected as the incident address for an Oracle Field Service Task. The incident address must be a customer address. You must either select an existing customer address or create one."
Specific scenario :
1. Open the Service Request form
2. Enter an SR Type
3. Enter an instance .. note that the customer information and incident address are then populated.
4. Enter a Summary
5. In the Tasks tab, create a new task
6. Save the record .... SR and task were created.
7. Now, in the SR header, remove the Instance number
8. Accept the message indicating the product information would be cleared. Note that the incident
address was also cleared.
9. Enter a new item .. then save changes ---> ERROR message raised
If the newly created SR (see Step #6) was re-queried .... and then continue from Step #7, then no error will be generated and the changes will be saved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms