Requisition Import Process Throws Exceptions For Project Inventory Item Purchase
(Doc ID 850918.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1 to 12.1 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
You find that running the Import Requisition Process completes successfully but lines end with an exception as listed in the 'Requisition Import Exceptions Report':
Transaction Column Name Error Message
------------ ------------------ ---------------------------------------
282 PROJECT ACCOUNTING Invalid Value for
Cause: You entered a invalid value for
PROJECT_ACCOUNTING_CONTEXT or you don't
have the proper installation of PA/PJM
for the Destination Type entered.
Action: Enter a valid value for
or check for Proper Installation.
For EXPENSE destinations, PA should be
installed and for INVENTORY/SHOP FLOOR
destinations, PJM should be installed.
"If Oracle Projects is installed and PROJECT_ACCOUNTING_CONTEXT is 'Y', then project, task, expenditure type, expenditure item date and expenditure organization must be valid
Cause: The project, task, expenditure type, expenditure item date or expenditure organization that you entered is invalid. These fields are required if the Oracle Projects context is 'Y'.
Action: Enter a valid project, task, expenditure type, expenditure item date and expenditure organization."
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create Deliverable in Project Contracts
2. Enter Line Information (All purchasing details - Inventory Item, PO Need By Date, Destination- Inventory, Project, Task)
3. Click on 'Initiate Requisition'
4. "Requisition Initiated Successfully" message is displayed
5. Navigate to Purchasing. Run Request : Requisition Import
6. Output: Number of interface lines in error = 1
7. Run Request : Requisition Import Exceptions Report
8. The Report Output displays the errors:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document