GLXJEENT Budget Journal Funds get Available (Funds Reservation) Before Journal Approval
(Doc ID 858117.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 22.214.171.124 to 12.0.0 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:GLXJEENT.FMB - Enter Journals/Encumbrances
Form:GLXBDENT.FMB - Enter Budget Amounts/Journals
Form:GLXBDXFR.FMB - Budget Transfer
Find that Funds are already available (reserved) even though the corresponding budget journal is not yet approved.
The preparer can create a Budget Journal and Reserve Funds even before the journal is approved. This provides funds to book AP and PO entries against. If the Approver wants to reject the journal the funds may already be spent by then.
It is expected to have the funds available only after the batch got approved and funds reserved / posted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter new budget journal to increase funds in some account.
2. Reserve funds for that journal.
3. Account has increased the available funds even before approval.
4. Send journal for approval.
5. Expend the available funds from account (for example in PO).
6. The approver rejects the journal.
7. Cannot unreserve the funds because they were already expended.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Still Have Questions?|