Time Entry Not Transferred To OTLR If the Line Has A Comment That Is More Than 255 Characters Long
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Time and Labor - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
EXECUTABLE:PYTSHPRI - Transfer Time from OTL to BEE
On 11.5.10 in Production:
Find time entries will not get transferred to OTLR if the line has a long comment (ie. more than 255 characters).
In HXC_TRANSACTION_DETAILS table, the EXCEPTION_DESCRIPTION for the problem line shows:
The OTLR error is: Exception in record_time..
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new timecard and enter a line
2. Click on Details button and enter a comment that is greater than 255 characters long
3. Click outside of the box and the comment will get truncated
4. Once the truncated portion of the comments are pasted back in, hit Apply button.
5. Submit and timecard
6. Once the timecard is approved, run Transfer Time From OTL to BEE
7. Check the line in the professional timecard
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms