Journals Not Merged As Required When Transferred To GL in R12
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.0.2 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Journals are transferred to GL in detail when it is assumed they would be transferred as one journal per event class per period in summary.
The following changes were done to have the Additions journals merged when transferred to GL. However, the problem persists and the journal was still transferred to GL in detail.
1. As the Fixed Assets responsibility, navigate to: Setup > Financials > Subledger Accounting > Accounting Methods Builder > Journal Entry Setups > Journal Line Types.
2. Copy the default Journal Line Type for all events and set Merge Matching Lines: All and check Transfer to GL: Summary.
3. Navigate to: Setup > Financials > Subledger Accounting > Accounting Methods Builder > Methods and Definitions > Journal Line Definitions. Adjust the Journal Line Definition linking the newly defined Journal Line Types instead of the seeded ones.
4. Run Validate Application Accounting Definitions.
5. Navigate to the Accounting Setup Manager: Financials -> Accounting Setup Manager -> Accounting Setups
• Query for the Ledger being used
• Update Accounting Options
• Select update for 'Subledger Accounting Options'
• 'Update Accounting Options' for the Application
• For the 'General Ledger Journal Entry Summarization' Option choose: Summarize by GL Period
6. Add assets to test the Journal Line Types for the addition event.
7. Run Create Accounting with Transfer to GL and Journal Import.
8. Review the journal created in GL.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms