Cannot Change The Buyer For RFI / RFQ During The Event
(Doc ID 865132.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.0.0 to 12.0.6 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
On 12.0.4, when collaborative team awards RFQ lines to different suppliers and wants to submit the award for approval to a Buyer who has initiated the RFQ but is no longer with the company, they encounter an error since Approvals Management Engine (AME) pulls the Buyer hierarchy.
The 'Reset Approval List' option does not work as well as the buyer userid is no longer active in the system.
Due to this issue, Collaborative Team member users cannot get approval from Buyer for Award. Without the award approval, it is not possible to move the event into Purchasing and cut Purchase Orders for the items.
Another Buyer can approve the Award.
Business would like to change the buyer for this scenario as each event might take months to complete and if an employee gets terminated, they should be able to change the buyer for the event.
Error on the page
Output of FND_LOG_MESSAGES shows the following for module: pon.plsql.PON_AWARD_APPROVAL_PKG.RESET_APPROVER_LIST
ORA-20001: The transaction ID specified returned an incorrect number of
TRANSACTION_REQUESTOR_POSITION_ID. Ensure you specify a valid transaction
ID and the dynamic query of the attribute returns correct number of rows.
1. Log in as the buyer and access sourcing buyer responsibility.
2. Create RFQ.
3. Add Collaborative Team members along with HEADER, LINES, CONTROLS and SUPPLIERS information.
4. Publish the RFQ.
5. Suppliers respond back with their quotes.
6. The buyer gets terminated from the company.
7. Collaborative Team member with full access awards the all the lines to different suppliers.
8. Buyer cannot submit for approval as the buyer userid is no longer active in the system.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document